Easter is over. I’ve traded my Easter dress for a t-shirt and my fixed hair for a ball cap. My boys have ditched their bow ties, and I am (slowly) trying to get my house back in order (but seriously… these plastic eggs are EVERYWHERE!!). I love Easter. It means everything to me and to our faith as Christians. If Jesus didn’t rise from the dead, then we have no hope and everything that we believe is meaningless (1 Corinthians 15:14-19). But Jesus DID rise from the dead, and that’s what we celebrate at Easter (Matthew 28:6)! I also love Easter because I love seeing everyone and their kids all dressed up in their Easter outfits. I love getting on social media on Easter because a lot of the negative seems to disappear, and instead I see family photos with captions such as, “Jesus is alive!”
Celebrating Easter is awesome and so fun! We should definitely celebrate the fact that Jesus conquered the grave! But guess what? Jesus is STILL alive!! And just because the holiday of Easter is over doesn’t mean we should stop celebrating that!
So, as you’ve traded your Easter best for your work clothes and your Easter egg hunting for hunting your toddler’s shoes for the 1000th time, let me remind you of a few Easter truths for Christians to bring some joy to your day:
- Like I said, Jesus is STILL alive!! Death no longer has dominion over Him. We serve a God that is living! (Romans 6:9)
- The same Spirit that rose Jesus from the dead lives in you! (Romans 8:11)
- Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, you are dead to sin! Sin can no longer have power over you! (Romans 6:1-14)
- Because Jesus rose from the grave, you are alive in Christ! (Romans 6:1-14)
- We have HOPE! Because Jesus conquered death, we have hope in eternal life with Him. I, personally, have clung to this hope so tightly. This hope makes all the difference when we grieve. (Hebrews 6:19; 10:23)
- Because Jesus bore our sin and shame on the cross, the Father no longer remembers our sin and sees us as clothed in Jesus’ righteousness. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- We have direct access to the Father through Jesus. We no longer need a high priest to make sacrifices for us. Jesus took care of this on the cross; He tore the veil. Jesus is our great and perfect High Priest. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
Friends, Jesus’ resurrection should not just be celebrated on Easter, or just on Sundays. Jesus’ resurrection means everything to us. It should be celebrated daily. It should change the way we live. We can have joy as we do the dishes because we are forgiven. We can grieve with hope because Jesus has conquered death. We can have boldness as we speak to our lost friends and fully surrender our lives for the Kingdom because Jesus gave His life for us. We can forgive that person who hurt us because we are forgiven. We can overcome the temptation to sin in our anger because we have the Spirit and sin does not have dominion over us. We can celebrate even on our hardest days because JESUS IS ALIVE!!
If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, then these truths can be true for you too. Jesus died on the cross for ALL sins of ALL people and He rose from the grave so that ALL people could have life in Him (John 3:16). He freely offers His salvation to all. Repent of your sin, believe that Jesus is the only Son of God and in His work on the cross, and confess Him as Lord. “Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:0 (ESV). I’d love to chat with you more about this! Following Jesus is the best decision that you could make!
So, happy Tuesday after Easter, friends! As you go to work, cook dinner, do homework, chase toddlers, etc., remember- JESUS IS ALIVE!